These Holiday Alaskan Salmon Recipes Will Bring Cheer to Your Table
After the difficult and uncertain year we have all had, it feels good to finally be celebrating the holidays and the start of a fresh New Year. Whatever that celebration looks like for you this year, we want to bring the beauty of Alaska to your home, with the unparalleled taste of fresh, wild caught salmon at your holiday table.
We could all use a little extra cheer, and from our family run business to you, let us add to the festivities! These holiday recipes using our fresh caught and smoked salmon will bring your family together like nothing but a delicious meal can. Pass the succulent salmon around and swap heartfelt stories, and look ahead to a New Year with hope.
This first salmon recipe not only looks festive, but the citrus and pomegranate compliment the unmatched taste of our wild caught salmon. Treat your family to something special this holiday season:
Christmas Orange Pomegranate Salmon
Prep Time: 10 minutes Servings: 4
Bake: 25 minutes
Total: 35 minutes
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Wild Caught Tanner’s Salmon Filet (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium navel orange, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place a 28×18-in. piece of heavy-duty foil in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Place onion slices in a single layer on foil. Top with salmon; sprinkle with salt. Arrange orange slices over top. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds; drizzle with oil. Top with a second piece of foil. Bring edges of foil together on all sides and crimp to seal, forming a large packet.
2. Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 25-30 minutes. Be careful of escaping steam when opening packet. Remove to a serving platter; sprinkle with dill.
This next recipe is the simplest (and possibly most delicious) recipe you’ll make all year. Made with our alder smoked salmon, this holiday spread highlights that fresh caught, perfectly smoked Alaskan salmon taste. Switch up the taste of your dip with our three flavors: Traditional, Cajun, or Black Pepper.
The taste of our smoked salmon pairs perfectly with smooth cream cheese, for an explosion of flavor on a cracker. The key? When someone asks how you made such a delicious holiday spread, act like you spent all day in the kitchen making it.
Smoked Salmon Holiday Spread
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 package of cream cheese, 8 oz. softened
- 6 oz of Tanner’s smoked salmon
- 1/8 tsp paprika, for color
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix ingredients in a food processor, or by hand (after chopping smoked salmon) until just combined. That’s it!
- Serve with your favorite crackers, and enjoy!
We hope this taste of Alaska will bring joy to your holidays at home. We know it has been a tough season, and many have not been able to travel. Our fresh, wild caught fish can make you feel like you are sitting in a fishing lodge enjoying Alaska’s best, and bring excitement as you look toward a future of new possibilities. Warmest wishes, from all of us at Tanner’s this Holiday Season.
Orange Pomegranate Recipe and Picture Source: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/orange-pomegranate-salmon/